Friday night dinner recipes
After a long work week, Friday night dinners are all about taking it easy. Whether it’s pizza, omelettes, fish and chips or speedy salads, these recipes will make your night.
Pork skewers with quick noodle salad
Light up the barbie with these flavoursome pork skewers infused with an Asian-inspired marinade and served with a fresh beetroot and noodle salad.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coriander root and stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 600g Coles Australian Pork Scotch Fillet, thinly sliced crossways
- 440g pkt shelf-fresh thin rice noodles
- 200g pkt Coles Brand Australian Beetroot Coleslaw
- 2/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Coles Brand Asian Salad Dressing
- Step 1Combine garlic, chopped coriander, pepper, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and pork in a glass or ceramic dish. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Meanwhile, prepare the noodles following packet directions or until just tender. Drain well. Place in a large bowl.
- Step 3Thread the pork onto 8 soaked bamboo skewers. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the pork, turning, for 4 mins or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 4Add the coleslaw mix, half the coriander leaves and the dressing to noodles. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the skewers with remaining coriander leaves and serve with the salad.